Rock salt provides sodium supplementation to cattle.
Pack Size: 25kg
- Basic recommended allowance/cow/day is 0.4% Sodium/KgDM/day.
- Dose cows at 40g/Salt per day to give 16g sodium.
- Common salt may be added directly to the main water supply at the rate of 1g/litre of water.
- Assuming the lactating cow will consume 30L/day she will gain 12g sodium /day which is sufficient for animals grazing low sodium mixed pastures.
- Care should be taken in providing sodium supplements as excessive intakes can be toxic. An adequate water supply is essential.
- Sodium supplementation should not be undertaken pre-calving without sound evidence of its necessity.