Gusto-V-Whey is a whey based milk replacer formulated for New Zealand conditions. The product has excellent solubility characteristics. Ingredients have been selected to provide a consistent product with high digestibility and utilisation by the pre-ruminant calf. Intensive monitoring and analysis of ingredients, manufacturing process and finished product underpin the consistent quality as part of the GMP+ quality assurance system, which include HAACP.
Pack Size: 20kg
- 125-150 g per litre, (i.e. add 1 kg Gusto-V-Whey powder to 6-7 litres of water).
- Add the required amount of powder to half the volume of hot water (50-55°C) under continuous mixing for at least a minute. Add more water until the total amount of calf milk required is reached.
- Check the milk is fed at 38-40°C (optimum drinking temperature).
Gusto-V-Whey also works well in Automated Calf Feeders.
Gusto V-Whey can be used successfully in many different calf feeding programmes for calves over 4 days of age, as long as the calf rearer adheres to the basic principles of good calf rearing (colostrum, hygiene, clean water, dry bedding , comfort etc.).
As a general rule, calves should be fed at least 10% of their body weight of Gusto-V-Whey each day. E.g. A 50 kg calf would receive 2 x 2.5 litres with 125 g/liter, i.e. 625 grams of Gusto-V-Whey/day.
In practice under good management and in Once A Day systems Gusto-V-whey can be fed in more concentrated form up to 250 g/litre.
Find below an example of a Twice A Day (TAD) and Once A Day (OAD) systems and quantities milk replacer used
|System:||Twice A Day||Once A Day|
|Age (days)||# Feeds/day||Litres/Feed||Grams/Litre||# Feeds/day||Litres/Feed||Grams/Litre|
- Always ensure fresh, clean water and a 20% crude protein calf starter is available at all times
- The upper range of concentration (grams/litre) or volume can be used for faster growing calves (e.g. Friesian versus Jersey)
Whey powder, Vegetable oil (Palm, Coco, Rape, Soya), Skimmed-milk powder, Lactose, Hydrolised Wheat Protein, Soyprotein Isolate
|Typical Analysis||Micro-ingredients (added per kg)|
|Crude protein||23%||Vitamin A||25,000 IU|
|Crude fat||20%||Vitamin D3||4,000 IU|
|Crude ﬁbre||0.1%||Vitamin E||90 mg|
|Crude ash max||9.5%|
|Flavour and herbs:|
|Probiotics:||Herbal Essential Oils||1,000 mg/k|
|Phosphorus (P)||0.9%||Organic Acids (Preservative):|
|E1700||Bioplus YC: 1,280 MFCU||Calcium formiate & Citric Acid|
|(Bacillus Subtilus and Licheniformis)|